Potatoes are generally loved for their versatility and deliciousness, but they also have many nutritional values that ensure you’re at your best every time you consume potatoes. This is because potatoes are more packed with energy than many more vegetables out there; this is in addition to the high level of potassium present in them. A favorite variety of potatoes are red potatoes.
This variety is much loved for its waxy texture. This ensures the firmness of the potato’s flesh when you’re cooking, roasting, or baking it. Red potatoes also add color to your salad and dishes and are a popular choice when making salad or baking potatoes. There are many easy potato recipes you could pick from to enjoy your red potatoes, and below is an easy potato skillet recipe; this recipe is ideal for athletes and others who are frequently on the run.
- Diced red potatoes
- Canola oil
- Chili powder
- Diced red bell pepper
- Diced green bell pepper
- Diced yellow onion
- Minced jalapeno
- Minced garlic
- Drained and rinsed black beans
- Stem-free spinach
Steps for Preparation
This recipe takes fifteen minutes to prepare and 45 minutes cooking time; once you have the ingredients, then below are the process to prepare you easy potato skillet.
- First, heat up the oven beforehand to 425°F
- Next, heat up a tablespoon of canola oil in an oven-safe pan or a cast iron if you prepare and use medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated up, mix in the potatoes, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Stir the mixture until it is uniformly coated and then cook for two minutes only.
- Place the cast iron pan with the mixture into the oven already heated for about 20 minutes and stir once it’s halfway through.
- After the completion of the twenty minutes, mix in the bell pepper, garlic, onions, and jalapenos.
- Cook again for another fifteen minutes and stir the mixture halfway through.
- After the 15 minutes is up, return the cast iron pan to the stove.
- Cook the mixture on the stove using medium heat till the potatoes are slightly brown and completely cooked on the inside.
- Mix in the black beans and spinach and cook for a few more minutes.
- Once the black beans are heated, and you notice the spinach is wilted, then your easy skillet breakfast is ready for consumption.
- Top your breakfast off with cilantro and avocado, and enjoy your delicious breakfast.